Angels Arc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Profile Stuff!

Go down

New Profile Stuff! Empty New Profile Stuff!

Post by Zodiac Angelus Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:23 am

I've been working on adding a bit of accessibility to the site when it comes to information about our in-game characters and, by George, I've done it! I'm proud to announce the introduction of Character Sheets here on Angel's Arc HQ!

What is a Character Sheet?
A Character Sheet, or CS, is a bit of information about your character that will post along with every post you make on the forums. This information can be found just below your avatar, rank, and personal info and just above your link buttons. You can see mine right here on this very post.

<
<
<

Somewhere in that area. You can edit your character sheet via your profile. Just click the profile link in the main menu and then look for the link CHARACTER in the profile menu near the top of the page. If it's your first time accessing this page, then you will be asked to generate your sheet. Click the 'Generate' button.

Once you've done this, you'll have three text fields available to you. First is Main Class, then Crafting, then Gathering. There are some basic guidelines on the format of these fields. You should use the three letter short-hand for the class/job in question (I.E.: BRD, PUG, CRP). You can have multiple mains if you like. Separate them with a double slash -- // -- so that people know they stand apart. Please don't type too much into these fields as they tend to stretch the forum if you do. Feel free to provide your level(s) as well!

What's with the new buttons?
I'm glad you asked, Me. We have some new buttons courtesy of the Lodestone to give the site more of a FFXIVARR feel! Here's a directory for your perusal:

New Profile Stuff! Title_attributes_zpse8b2b22f: The new link button for your forum-based profile. People can have a look at all the information you've chosen to share about yourself here. It's also a handy quick-link to your CS so that you can modify it more easily.

New Profile Stuff! Title_elemental_zpsdb5096f2: This is the new private messaging button. One click and you're ready to send an awesome message!

New Profile Stuff! Title_pvpparam_zps8cccca3c: The new e-mail button! Don't abuse it.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!!!

And like Ron Popeil, I save the best for last. What's up with that Twin Adders seal, you ask? Well, that's just a link to your Lodestone character stats page, is all. That's right. Now everyone is a button-press away from getting the latest and greatest details on their friends and company-mates. Abuse it.

This just about wraps up the updates for now. We'll be working on this more as time wears on the bring ever more streamlined and efficient user interfaces to your fingertips here on the forums. See you in Eorzea!

Last edited by Seisal Araya on Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zodiac Angelus
Zodiac Angelus
Lord
Lord

CHARACTER
Main Class: Conj 9
Crafting:
Gathering:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/6944532/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: